As a photographer I not only make my own photographs but I print them as well. As in the days of film, digital photography still requires “manipulation” of pixels to create great looking prints from our digital files. Whether it is just to add a little contrast, darken or lighten an area in the image to direct the viewers eye or make colours more vibrant, post editing is required. I am not talking about making something out of nothing but making the necessary modifications to make a printed image look as close to what we see on our LCD screens. LCD and print are different medias and they present images differently, so this is where my print services come in.
My print service process is as follows:
- Image is supplied to me with any desires with regard to final output. This can include information such as: media to print on, image finish such as matte, satin or gloss or overall mood that image should convey.
- I will edit the image, correcting any inperfections such as dust spots, cropping image as needed, adjusting any colour casts, etc.
- A digital version will be made available for you to inspect and request changes or approve for printing.
- From here, I make a number of work prints making any necessary changes to compensate for the media chosen; canvas, glossy photo, semi-gloss photo, metallic photo.
- Once a final work print is completed to maximize the full potential of the chosen media a full size print will be made and finished as chosen. Canvas gallery wrap, Mounted, Matte and framed, etc.
- The image will be delivered to you.
All work is carried out using archival and certified ink-jet safe products to ensure image quality will last as long as possible with current materials. Contact Me for a latest price quote.
Below is a sample of a clients image they took while travelling overseas and they wished to have their photo printed to canvas at 450x900mm with a gallery wrap.